Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Big Up to Cyberspace! I am floating along at the Fish and Wildlife Branch and may have some time off soon due to a union strike. I am fighting off a cold and writing a funny memo for one of my bosses. I have my first official business trip next week! I get to take a float plane (or maybe even a helicopter) to Vancouver for a two-day workshop that some colleagues and I have been organizing for “regional” managers and biologists. I read on BBC this morning that two of the next twenty extinction “hot spots” are in Canada – in the North and in the Eastern forests – what the hell wildlife is in the east? Labrador Retrievers! I think we will need to breed those chowhounds in captivity so that we don’t have another tragedy like the extinction of the thylacine. By the way, dig that photo of me with my latest trapping trophy – I caught this mature buck in the wilds of Sooke…. Very rare indeed! I cannot believe my good fortune!

3 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Hilarious picture!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey!!! I am offended! The east is full of awesome wildlife. The area that I'm working to "protect" in London provides habitat for 2 species of endangered birds, and is home to 2 rare vegetation communities.
And this is in the middle of no tree, barron southwestern Ontario farmland. So imagine what's in the areas north of here. So, HA!!

P.S. - I'm not really offended. I love ya Mern.

6:58 AM  
Blogger E.M. said...

foxy bitch

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home