Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I have been here for less than a week and here are some of my favourite things so far about Cape Town South Africa:
  • street lights are called "robots"
  • it is common for people - children and adults alike - to be barefoot anywhere in public (including restaurants and shops, etc)
  • the University I am interning at has resident kitty cats that linger and meow... book sales are held to raise money for cat chow! I traded in bunnies at University of Victoria for cats at University of Western Cape

Seal Island off of Hout's Bay - I took a little boat ride with Kerensa and Maya to see these playful cuties that remind me of my canine land seal back home.

We pulled over on our way back to Cape Town and I took this picture while being hassled by craftmongers trying to sell me cool stuff. I abstained.

This is one of the funniest things about the city bowl so far (city bowl is just the word for downtown because the downtown is closed in by mountains like a bowl!!!) LABIA? I laugh every time I pass one of these!!!!

This is Faro channeling BABS!

I took this on my walk towards my home today. This is in the "Comapny's Gardens" - kind of like a botanical central park downtown.

3 Comments:

Blogger E.M. said...

Meghan the landscape is out of this world! Are there squirrels or lizards or other critters in the city?

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful, Meghan. Keep posting! Don't forget some of the pics from the plane.

I miss you!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This made me laugh and you are funny. I'm glad you are safe and this makes me happy. It's boring here with all the normals.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home